BAJA’s “over 50” bowling league is open to all members and at every bowling level. The league bowls at the Cactus Bowl in Tucson just off I-19 at the Ajo exit.
The league consists of 4-person teams and can be all women, all men or any combination of both. The league runs for 12 weeks from the first of January to the end of March and begins at 4pm on Thursdays. We bowl three games a week.
More League Fun…
- Bowler Handicap: Each bowler’s handicap is determined after the first night of bowling, by taking their weekly average and subtracting it from 210. So if you don’t think you are good enough to bowl, the handicap makes it more even and fun for everyone!
- Bowling for dollars: At the beginning of the night, each team name is put in a jar and one is drawn out. A person from that team is picked to bowl one ball to knock down as many pins as possible. A strike means $40 to that team but if it isn’t a strike, then it’s a dollar per pin.
- 50/50 Raffle: We sell tickets and during the night. A ticket is drawn from the pot and the winner gets half of what was sold and the local Continental School gets the other half.
- Fun Night: We celebrate our final night of bowling with free pizza.
- A portion of our weekly fees helps fund our end of season awards, which are based on the accumulated wins/total pins points. A top man and top woman award is also given.
Bowling outings are planned during the summer months and in December, a special “Bowl-A-Rama” outing is held as a prelude to the new season. Once members begin to return from their summer homes, team can create their own teams, or the Bowling Commissioner can place you on a team. Bowling is a relaxing and fun time for everyone so make your plans now!