BAJA Grant Committee
The BAJA Board of Directors established the Grant Committee in 2022 and the first grants were awarded in 2023. The Grant Committee is to consist of 2 Board members, 2 BAJA Ambassadors, and 3 at-large members and focus on supporting youth sports.
It is the goal of the BAJA Grant Committee to support youth sporting activities. Annual grant monies will be made available to support a variety of sporting opportunities for youth. Applicants for grant monies will provide an explanation as to how these funds will enable youths to better participate in sporting activities. These activities should provide the opportunity to learn lifetime skills, such as: physical and teamwork skills, sportsmanship, goal setting, self-confidence, positive attitude, leadership, the value of practice and growing friendships. An additional positive outcome would be for these youths to continue a lifetime of healthy and active living.
Who Can Apply:
- Geographical Area: Applicants must be from within the I-19 corridor from the northern boundary of Sahuarita, south to Green Valley, Amado, Rio Rico, Nogales, and contiguous area.
- It is our intention that our grants will encourage young athletes by supporting sporting opportunities leading to an active and productive lifestyle.
- Previous recipients of grant awards are eligible to apply.
How to apply:
- To apply for a BAJA youth grant, applicants must download and complete the application.
- Click to download: BAJA Youth Grant Application - 2024
- The completed applications should be returned to BAJA Sporting Club c/o the Grant Committee (P.O. Box 1341, Green Valley, AZ 85622) between September 1 and December 1 of 2023.
- The Grant Committee will review all submitted applications and make a presentation to the BAJA Board of Directors for final selection of the grantees for 2024.
- The BAJA Grant Committee will notify applicants whether or not applicants have been awarded a BAJA grant. Disbursements for the 2024 calendar year will be in January, 2024.
- All grant funds must be spent in accordance with the submitted application during the 2024 calendar year.
- A representative from each awarded organization will be asked to attend the BAJA Annual General Membership luncheon in February of 2024. Representatives will have an opportunity to explain how the BAJA Grant assisted the youth in their organization.
For more information:
For questions or comments about BAJA’s youth grants, contact the BAJA Grant Committee Coordinator, Greg Rawlings, at: email@example.com
The 2023 BAJA Grant Recipients
|Youth Group||How funds were used in 2023|
|Tubac Rotary||Supporting Amado Youth|
|First Tee Green Valley Country Club||Participation fees paid|
|Nogales Parks & Recreation||New jerseys|
|Copper Hills Little League||Girl Softball all new gear|
|Amado Youth Center||Bowling outings to Cactus Bowl with 12 BAJA members as chaperones|
|Rio Rico High School JV Baseball||New batting helmets, enough new hard balls to get through practices and games|
|Green Valley LPGA Youth Golf||Two sets of clubs of appropriate length were purchased for the youngest girls|
Want to donate to the Grant Committee??
Mail Grant Committee donations to:
BAJA Sporting Club, PO Box 1341, Green Valley, AZ 85622
Please make check payable to BAJA Sporting Club. In lower left corner of your check, please write 'For BAJA Grant Committee'